The steps below will guide you through integrating your Magento platform with StarShipIT. Once completed, your orders will be imported into StarShipIT and the tracking information will be written back when you print a label.
Optional: To enable live rates at checkout you need to install the Magento App.
1. Create a WebService user and WebService role in Magento
The first step is to setup your API access in Magento. You need to create a Webservice user and a Webservice role, once done, you keep this information for the second step.
- Navigate to your Magento Admin dashboard.
- Go to the system tab > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles
- Once you are in the Roles Page, click the 'Add New Role' button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- In the 'Add New Role' page enter a role name in the space provided, and then on the left side click 'Role Resources'.
- Set the Resource Access to 'ALL'.
- In the top right hand of the screen click the Save Role button.
- Now that you have a newly created role, we need to assign it to a user. Starting from the Admin Dashboard again, Go to the system tab > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Users
- Once you are in the Users Page, click the 'Add New User' button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- In the Add New User page, fill in the user information. The API key is effectively a password and it is your decision what you set this to.
- Set the account to 'Active'.
- Now click the user role on the left hand side. Assign the user your previously created the role for.
2. Add the credentials of the Magento WebService user into StarShipIT
After creating the user and the role in Magento you need to add the credentials into StarShipIT. Add the URL, the Username and the Password you just created. you can customise the Status of orders to import however the default status "processing" should be correct for most Magento stores.
- In the StarShipIT Main menu Click on Settings > Integration > Add New and select Magento
- Enter your URL according to the instructions below.
- Enter your Username (Username created in Magento).
- Enter your Password (API key created in Magento)
- Click Test Connection and then Save. This will test the connection from your Magento site to our application.
Q. When I click on Test Connection I get: "Not Found"
A. Double check the email address entered
Q. When I click on Test Connection I get: "Server returned a fault exception:  Access denied."
A. Double check your Username and Password
Q. What fields are imported for Delivery Instruction:
Q. Can we have more than one Magento store integrated with StarShipIT?
A. Yes, but only if the stores are under that same Magento account (admin panel). If they are separate Magento accounts, then they will need to be setup as a child account.
Q. My Magento account won't sync with ShipIT. What do I do?
Q. How do I deactivate the Email notification in Magento?
- Login to the Magento back end
- Go to the System > Configuration menu.
- On the left-hand menu under the Advanced tab (at the bottom) select the System menu item.
- Select ‘Mail Sending Settings’ from the selection on the right-hand side.
- Set Disable email communications to ‘Yes’, and now no emails will send through Magento.