Australia Post’s integration with Starshipit allows you to use all of Starshipit's features including generation of packing slips and shipping labels, auto-correction of addresses, branded tracking and notifications and many more.
This article outlines how to set up your Australia Post account details in Starshipit.
- Before starting you will need:
- Australia Post eParcel Account Number
- Australia Post API Key
- Australia Post API Secret
- If you are missing any of these credentials, you can find out how to Generate an Australia Post/StarTrack API key and secret.
- Enter your details, look up the MLID (Mailing Location ID) and load your product codes.
Setting up your Australia Post eParcel in Starshipit
1. Enter your API details in Starshipit
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Add New Courier > Australia Post.
- Tick Enable Australia Post.
- Enter your Account Number, Authorisation Key, and Password (API Secret).
- Click on Look-up to get your MLID.
- Click Save.
2. Load your product codes
Click on Load products from AusPost to load all of your product codes from Australia Post. If some of them are missing, contact Customer_connectivity@auspost.com.au and ask them to assign them to your account.
NOTE: You should select a default international and domestic product code. This is the product code that will be automatically selected if your default carrier is Australia Post.
To enable returns, first ensure that Australia Post has approved you for returns by speaking to your rep, then in your Australia Post settings, go to Advanced and select Enable returns.
ERROR: 401 Error - key and password are valid but services are not turned on.
"message": "Access to the requested resource is controlled by an API key and password. The API key and password supplied in the request does not authenticate or authorise you to use the resource. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, please contact your Account Manager or call Australia Post on 13 21 31."
There are a couple of other situations that also produce a 401 error. The following may help you identify or distinguish between the cause of issues.
A request that has invalid key details will provide a different error message (i.e. invalid key and/or password):
A key that is valid but is being used to access an account that it is not linked to will return this error (i.e. valid key, un-linked or invalid charge account number):
"message": "The API key and password used to authenticate this request cannot be used to transact on the charge account with account number 0001234567. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, please contact your Account Manager or call Australia Post on 13 21 31."
Other relevant information for you:
- Read more about Australia Post eparcel system
- To know more about APIs and their importance, click here