Australia Post eParcel Integration
Australia Post’s integration with Starshipit allows you to use all of Starshipit's features including generation of packing slips and shipping labels, auto-correction of addresses, branded tracking and notifications and many more.
This article outlines how to set up Australia Post as a courier service in Starshipit
- Don't have an eParcel account? No worries, get shipping right away with Australia Post's instant shipping provider MyPost Business
What you need to get started:
Before getting started with Australia Post eParcel you will need a few things.
- Australia Post eParcel Account Number
- Australia Post API Key & Australia Post API Secret
If you are missing any of these credentials, generate an API key and Secret through the eParcel developers center.
How to set up Australia Post eParcel:
1. Enter your API details in Starshipit
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Add New Courier > Australia Post.
- Tick Enable Australia Post.
- Enter your Account Number, Authorisation Key, and Password (API Secret).
- Click on Look-up to get your MLID.
- For the current increment, this will only need to be changed if you have used this Australia Post account on another platform or integration. If you have, we recommend increasing the base number by 1 million. This value should not exceed 7 digits.
- Click Save.
2. Load your product codes
Click on Load products from AusPost to load all of your product codes from Australia Post.
Note: You should select a default international and domestic product code. This is the product code that will be automatically selected if your default carrier is Australia Post.
Note: If some of them are missing, contact Customer_connectivity@auspost.com.au or your Australia Post eParcel account and ask them to assign them to your account.
3. (optional) Set up default export type
If shipping internationally, you will need to configure which export type your goods fall under (Sale of Goods, Gifts, Returns, Samples. You can do this by going to Settings > Couriers > Advanced and selecting the correct option from the drop-down.
Australia Post eParcel offers additional configurations which you can find in the Australia Post eParcel courier settings.
If you don't have a label printer and would like to print 4 labels to 1 A4 page, see our guide on how to configure this: How to print Australia Post shipping labels 4 per page
- CN22/Thermal International
Australia Post eParcels default international labels are A4. If you'd like to use their smaller label, read our guide on how to set up CN22's: Australia Post eParcel A6 CN22 Labels
To enable returns with Australia Post eParcel, go to Settings > Couriers > Advanced and tick Enable Returns. For more on how returns works with Starshipit, see here: Returns with Starshipit
- Transit Times
If you're using live rates at checkout, you can enable transit times to display by ticking Display transit times
The below 401 error will come up when your API key and secret are valid but services are not turned on in the Australia Post developers centre.
"message": "Access to the requested resource is controlled by an API key and password. The API key and password supplied in the request does not authenticate or authorise you to use the resource. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, please contact your Account Manager or call Australia Post on 13 21 31."
There are a couple of other situations that also produce a 401 error. The following may help you identify or distinguish between the cause of issues.
A request that has invalid key details will provide a different error message "The request failed authentication" (i.e. invalid key and/or secret):
A key that is valid but is being used to access an account that it is not linked to will return the below error (i.e. valid key, un-linked or invalid charge account number):
"message": "The API key and password used to authenticate this request cannot be used to transact on the charge account with account number 0001234567. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, please contact your Account Manager or call Australia Post on 13 21 31."
Other relevant information for you:
- Read more about Australia Post eParcel system
- To know more about APIs and their importance, click here