1. Getting Started
If you are using an ecommerce platform where there is no direct integration with Starshipit, we can offer a workaround:
Starshipit can automatically import CSV files from an FTP server.
CSV files will be downloaded from your server and the shipments information will be written back to your server after printing.
2. Set up your CSV file template in Starshipit
The first step is to set up your CSV file template in Starshipit. We recommend you test your CSV file template by performing a manual import first, before you start using the automated FTP server import.
Read further about setting up your CSV template.
3. Set up your FTP server details in Starshipit
Enter the connection information about your FTP server:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Add a new integration > CSV FTP.
- Enter the address of your server and port.
- Enter the FTP user credentials.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Save.
Note: Starshipit automatically creates three folders: IN, OUT, and HISTORY. The folders can also be created manually, however, the names of the folders are case-sensitive.
3. Import your orders and get the tracking information.
Once your FTP server details are added to Starshipit, you will have three folders:
- IN contains the CSV files that need to be imported. Once a file has been imported into Starshipit, it is moved to HISTORY.
- HISTORY contains the CSV files that have been imported into Starshipit.
- OUT contains the tracking information of the printed orders: Tracking Number, Order Number, Customer Name, Courier Company, Tracking URL. One file is created per order.