- Generate your Australia Post or StarTrack account number, API key and API secret.
How it works
To integrate your Australia Post account with Starshipit, you'll need to generate an API key and secret in the Australia Post Developer Centre.
Before you begin, you'll need the following:
- Your Australia Post account number (eParcel) or Startrack account number.
- An Australia Post Business Credit Account and an eParcel Contract. If you don't have an account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest and mention that you're using Starshipit.
1. Register for an API key
Create an account in the Australia Post Centre and register for an API key.
- Go to https://developers.auspost.com.au/register.
- Complete the information, then click Create an account.
- Log in to your new account and go to https://developers.auspost.com.au/apis.
- Click Register now for an API key.
- Click Complete registration to confirm.
- Complete the registration form using your StarTrack or Australia Post account details.
- Select that you're accessing the API via a Platform Partner.
- Set Starshipit as your platform partner.
- Click Send.
Once you've completed the form, you'll have to wait up to 24 hours for Australia Post to confirm your registration.
2. Generate your API key
If you're a StarTrack user, your API key and secret are automatically emailed to you. However, if you use Australia Post you may need to manually generate an API key.
You should receive the API invitation in your email inbox. If you haven't received it within 24 hours, please check your Junk/Spam folder or contact email@example.com.
2.1 Create a new project
- In the Australia Post Developer Centre, select Projects. If the Projects header isn't visible, you'll have to wait for the confirmation email from Australia Post.
- Click Create New Project.
- Add a project name and select your organisation.
- Click Create project.
2.2 Generate your API key
- Select API Access, then click Create a Key.
- Enter a key nickname and enter a Secret. This will be your username and password.
- Click Create a key.
2.3 Activate API services
- Click Services.
- Turn all the services on for the new project.
- Click Update.
3. Send the information to Starshipit
Send the following information to Starshipit at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- API key
- eParcel account number
If you're having issues, contact the Australia Post Service Desk at email@example.com or call on 03 91067232 / 02 8755 9417.