- Learn about delivery options for Australia Post.
- Edit delivery options, and disable Safe Drop to enforce a signature on delivery.
- Remove and re-import unshipped order to apply any changes.
About delivery options for Australia Post
Australia Post has three delivery options:
- Authority to Leave (Safe Drop): A signature and name will still be captured when your customer is at home. If they are not at home, the parcel will be left in a safe place if one is available, or a notification card left and the parcel taken to a nearby Post Office if no safe place is available
- Authority to Leave (Safe Drop) can be requested by receiver: A signature and name will be captured when your customer is at home. If they are not at home, the parcel will only be left in a safe place if your customer has requested this during the delivery process (through MyPost or through an invitation if they receive email tracking notifications). In all other cases, a notification card will be left and the parcel taken to a nearby Post Office.
- Signature Required (card if not home): A signature and name will always be captured and the parcel will be taken to a nearby Post Office if your customer is not at home to sign for the parcel.
For more information, read Australia Post's delivery fact sheet.
Edit delivery options in Starshipit
- In your Starshipit account, go to Settings, then select Couriers.
- Click Australia Post Settings.
- Select Advanced tab, and make your changes.
The Safe Drop option is enabled by default. You can clear this checkbox to enforce a signature on delivery or tick authority to leave to enforce authority to leave.
- Click Save.
Remove and re-import orders
If you have made changes to your delivery options, you can remove and re-import orders to apply these changes.
- In your Starshipit account, select Orders.
- Click Actions, then select Remove imported unshipped orders from the dropdown menu.
- Click Remove.
- After you have removed unshipped orders, click Import, then select Import All from the dropdown menu.
If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure your account is set up correctly.